Cloud storage has evolved into a valuable asset for both very small and large business groups in the modern era. Businesses are trying to avoid relying on expensive hardware and, as a result, are transferring their data to the best cloud storage available. However, many businesses are unaware of the benefits of cloud storage and continue to rely on conventional storage devices.
We’ve compiled this article to inform them about cloud storage and the best cloud storage options for their specific needs to assist such businesses.
Cloud Storage: What Is It?
Cloud storage enables you to secure your data on a remote physical server. It minimizes the need to carry the storage device, makes sharing and transferring simple, and eliminates the need to invest in a storage device of your own.
In recent years, cloud computing has grown in popularity, with 42 percent of Australian businesses presently using several forms of paid cloud services.
Seventy-eight percent of “innovative businesses” consider the practice extremely crucial, with large firms with more employees being the most passionate adopters. These services contribute value to the economy (estimated to reach $10.3 billion by 2022) and provide various business benefits, including cost savings, increased agility, and the ability to utilize IT resources as required.
If you haven’t yet switched to the cloud or are looking to update your infrastructure services, here are ten of the most popular business cloud storage platforms among Australian businesses.
What is the purpose of cloud storage?
Cloud-based storage comes with several distinct advantages over offline storage.
- You have a higher level of security and control.
- In case of device failure or loss, the possibility of having lost your data can be minimized.
- Collaboration and sharing are simple.
- When your storage requirements increase, it’s easy to scale up.
- Access from a variety of devices, at any time and from any location.
Top Business Cloud Storage in Australia:
Dropbox is a secured data storage and file sharing service that enables users to centralize their digital media. It is one of the most well-known and commonly used services. Dropbox files are accessible via computer, mobile device, or tablet. When you add or delete files, the updates are automatically synchronized across all of your devices. Additionally, you can remotely access data from a device if it is lost or stolen.
Dropbox also facilitates file sharing with non-registered users. Dropbox Business enables you to centralize file storage and maintain access to the data in team environments. Two-factor confirmation can be used to protect your login information.
Dropbox Product Features:
- It helps to share files with users without an account that simplifies collaborations with third parties.
- Updates regularly and a reliable pc and mobile sync solution
- Cloud storage service that is both productive and affordable for professionals and non-professionals
- Monthly flexible pricing plans
Pros of Dropbox:
- Ideal for organizations of any size, large or small.
- Multiple devices are compatible.
- It gives you administrative control that is extremely easy to use.
- It focuses on customer security and privacy.
- With the web version, you can effectively control files without downloading them.
Cons of Dropbox
- While it does offer a 30-day free trial, it does not include any free data storage.
- For freelancers and primary users, this is extremely expensive.
- Starting Price: Monthly fee of $12.50 per user
- Details of pricing: Starting with three users
- Free Version: There is a free version available.
Box for Business is a secure business cloud storage solution. You can log into the Box cloud service and upload and interact with files. The interface also connects with popular apps like Office 365, Google, SalesForce, and Adobe Sign, allowing you to use the apps you already use. You can store your data in any location you want. Additionally, it includes 10 GB of free storage and a maximum upload size of 250 MB.
Box is also a top EFSS platform. It emphasizes businesses and counts many of them as clients, ranging from small startups to Fortune 500 companies.
If you choose a Business or Enterprise plan, Box uses a feature called “Box zones” that enables you to select the storage region you would like to use. One of those is located in Asia and is a good fit for Australian users. While initial uploads are comparable to those of other cloud storage providers, subsequent uploads are slower due to Box’s lack of block-level sync. Box is available on all platforms.
Box Product Features
- Work collaboratively securely with anyone, anywhere, and on any device.
- Protecting your cloud-based sensitive files is a top priority.
- Advanced security measures, intelligent threat-detection, and comprehensive information management.
- Automate repetitive workflows
Pros of Box
- It includes ten gigabytes of free storage.
- Customers’ security and privacy should be prioritized.
- It can be used to store any file.
- Integrates with G-suit, allowing users to store and share any Google files with Box.
- Accessible via any device.
- Simple to use.
- You can easily share data with other Box users by inviting them to view your files.
Cons of Box
- Extremely expensive
- There is no block-level synchronization.
- Upload file sizes are limited to 5GB.
- Starting Price: Monthly fee of $5.00 per user
- Free Version: There is a free version available.
3. Amazon Web Services:
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is well-known for its broad range of personal and business cloud computing solutions. The platform provides both infrastructures as a service (IaaS) and platform as a platform (PaaS) services, along with Simple Storage Service (S3) and Relational Database Service (RDS).
Additionally, their cloud services enable users to personalize infrastructure to meet specific business requirements. Its flexible, scalable features enable greater agility and reduce the need for IT resources and servers.
This adaptability extends to their pricing strategies, which include three distinct options based on your financial situation: “Pay as you go,” “Pay less and use more,” and “Save after you reserve.”
Features of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- It is suitable for storing data, collaborating with others, and much more.
- It’s extremely simple to set up and implement mobile and web applications.
- Complete set of organized end-to-end enterprise solutions.
- Excellent availability and resilience due to a global server network.
- It is an excellent choice of its scalability, availability, and price to performance ratio.
- For beginners, it is simple to use.
- Helpful and fast support in real-time.
- Gives many cloud computing requirements in a central location.
- Easy accessibility.
- The price is very high.
Price of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
There is a free version available.
Egnyte is one of the best providers of business file synchronization and sharing, besides being our top choice for Australia. Egnyte’s comprehensive features will undoubtedly win your heart! Egnyte is a business-oriented solution that includes complete and accurate file support, file sharing, and centralized security measures.
It features superior file support, allowing you to upload any file type, including word documents, slideshows, and digital content of any size. However, playing music files may require the use of a third-party media player.
Its personalized branding feature enables you to differentiate your cloud account from those of other cloud providers. Additionally, you can include your company name in the Egnyte access URL.
A second noteworthy feature is file sharing, enabling you to share files with remote users via a centralized access point.
Additionally, you appreciate Egnyte’s robust security measures. Every file is encrypted from and to the Egnyte cloud file server.
Additionally, it is available as a mobile application for the iPhone, Android, and Windows platforms.
- Collaboration in Real-Time Editing
- Data Governance, Access Control, and Storage Management
- Encryption, File Synchronization, User Administration, and Audit Trail
- GDPR Compliance: Identification of Sensitive Data
- Setting up permission in the folder hierarchy at different levels
- Fully operational file in the cloud
- Total control collaborative efforts with outside parties
- Account management with detailed auditing
- There is no Linux support.
Starting Price: $10 per month for each user
- Team Plan: $10 per month per employee*
- Business Plan: $20 per month per employee*
- Free trial: Available free trial.
Apple Inc. is the cloud storage service provider, so every Apple user is familiar with it. It is only accessible for Apple devices, in Windows 7 and later versions. More than 850 million people use the iCloud service.
You can store your data, like doc files, music, and photos, on an Apple data center’s remote server using iCloud. Additionally, it stores data from other Apple applications, such as mail, calendar, contacts, Reminders, and Safari.
Files on Windows and Mac devices can be accessed and organized as you wish. You can rename or colorize them to assist in differentiating important files from the rest. All you have to do to share files with others is send a link.
Updates are shared automatically across all of your devices. Thus, when you add a new file to iCloud, it will appear in all locations. Apple iCloud utilizes automatic backups to safeguard the information you store online. This means that you can restore it using the backup copy whenever you lose a device or the data on it becomes corrupted.
iCloud Product Features
- Compatible with Mac and Windows devices, this application enables cross-platform collaboration.
- Easy settings for synchronization
- Secure, up to date, and accessible from any location
- iCloud Drive securely stores your files.
- Helps to send messages and saves them automatically
Pros of iCloud
- An excellent interface that is similar to that of other Apple applications.
- 5 GB of available storage
- Competitive pricing
- Compatible with iOS, macOS, iPad OS, and Windows.
Cons of iCloud
- People with an Apple ID can only use this service.
- No Android App is available for this service.
Pricing for iCloud
- Monthly fee of $0.99 for 50GB
- Monthly fee of $2.99 for 200GB
- Monthly fee for 2TB: $9.99
6. Google Drive:
For many, Google is a personal favorite due to its seamless integration with Android. Google created Google Drive. Google Drive is successful among home users and features a global data center network.
Google Drive’s offline services enable users to access all of their online files and photos even when their network connection is bad. Scan documents are much easier by simply snapping pictures of documents, and the drive takes care of the rest, such as storing them in PDF format. Google offers free cloud storage that is integrated with all of Google’s other services. Google Drive’s storage and collaboration capabilities make it perfect for remote enterprise networks.
Features of Google Drive
- Provides 15GB of free storage, permitting smaller businesses to get started soon.
- Simple pricing packages that are suitable for small team members and entrepreneurs
- It comes with an excellent mobile app that allows you to work from your phone.
Pros of Google Drive
- 15 GB of free storage capacity
- Cost flexibility
- Outstanding customer service
Cons of Google Drive
- Google Drive has a 5 TB storage limit.
- There is no password security for shared files.
- Google Drive’s web interface can be confusing.
Pricing for Google Drive
- Free for 15GB of storage:
- Monthly fee of $1.99 for 100GB of storage
- Monthly fee of $9.99 for 2TB storage
- Monthly fee of $199.99 for 20TB storage
- Monthly fee of $299.99 for 30TB storage
7. G Suite:
The G Suite Google Drive has rapidly risen in popularity as a leading cloud storage service. G Suite is a cloud-based service that Google offers to individuals and businesses. Rather than a single cloud server, it is a collection of apps that perform various functions.
G Suite has many features, is extremely accessible, and provides a lot of value. Still, it comes at the cost of a patchy cloud experience due to the various services for different purposes. Above all, you may not be able to access all services.
Google Apps provides cloud storage for virtually any type of file. Then your email and calendar services are provided by Gmail. Google Docs enables you to create, edit, and work collaboratively on documents. Additionally, it synchronizes your Gmail email, contact information, and calendars with the built-in email and schedule apps on any mobile device.
G Suite Product Features
- Provides 15GB of free storage, permitting smaller businesses to be get started soon.
- Easy to understand packages suitable for small teams and business customers
- With an outstanding mobile app, collaborating from a phone becomes a viable option.
Pros of G Suite
- 15GB of storage capacity is provided for free.
- You can log in to your G Suite account from any PC or Smartphone.
- Simple, cost-effective cloud platform
- Protects your data by implementing secure passwords and advanced file encryption.
Cons of G Suite
- Certain organizations do not wish to be overly reliant on a single platform, such as Google.
- Access to offline files is available only through the Google Chrome browser.
- There are no desktop applications available.
- Free for 15GB of storage:
- Monthly fee of $1.99 for 100GB of storage
- Monthly fee of $2.99 for 200GB of storage
- Monthly fee of $8 for Data Enterprise Cost ($1 per25GB storage per user)
pCloud is a cloud storage service created specifically for large files and is popular among individuals and small businesses. pCloud is also one of the best cloud-based storage solutions, offering 2TB of storage and a unique feature of unlimited remote upload traffic. It provides ten gigabytes of free storage capacity with all of its basic accounts.
The pCloud offered archive features is simply amazing as it allows users to archive files using the create archive option. When users log off from their device, the pCloud drive has an option that allows them to lock the crypto folders automatically.
pCloud Product Features
- Anytime, anywhere, on any device, you can access all of your digital content, such as images, video, audio, documents, and more.
- Secure and centralize all of your important files in one location.
- The user-friendly interface is compatible with iOS and Android devices and Mac, Windows, and Linux.
- Branded links enable you to customize your brand style and logo download links.
Pros of pCloud
- Supported by any OS, including Windows, Linux, iOS, Mac, and Android.
- In pCloud, there is no free storage service.
- Secures data using TLS/SSL encryption.
- Multiple options for file sharing.
- pCloud supports the storage of images and videos from any social media platform.
- Offers lifetime plans, which is something that the majority of cloud service providers do not.
Cons of pCloud
- There isn’t a free storage plan available.
Starting Price: € 3.99 per month
Details of pricing:
1. Premium 500 GB storage
€175 for a lifetime
2. Premium Plus 2 TB storage
€350 for a lifetime
OneDrive for Business is a Microsoft-provided cloud-based file hosting service that enables the sharing of files to users. Files can be stored and accessed from a computer, tablet, or Smartphone. You can access the files when you’re not connected to the internet, so you’re not completely reliant on internet service. To ensure the security of your files, OneDrive encrypts them using SSL.
OneDrive enables collaboration by allowing you to share files, pictures, and folders with other users. Simply send a link to the file system via email or another messaging service, and the recipient will be able to access them without having to sign up. Additionally, you can specify an expiration date for file links, preventing them from accessing after a specified period.
OneDrive Product Features
- Document scanning enables you to scan printed documents using your phone.
- All modifications will be automatically synced throughout all of your devices.
- For both small and large teams, simple synchronization settings are available.
Pros of OneDrive
- Secure offline file access
- Access to files can be set to expire, which is useful for projects with a limited scope.
- Live customer support
Cons of OneDrive
- Microsoft is one of hackers’ most focused platforms.
- Microsoft retains the right to conduct a scan of your files for ‘objectionable content’ (Illegal, copyrighted, etc.)
- Collaborative functionalities are not as user-friendly to use as those found in other solutions.
- OneDrive Basic 5 GB is a free service that includes 5GB of storage.
- OneDrive 100 GB is available for $1.99 per month for 100GB of storage.
IDrive’s cloud storage service includes a lot of options for having shared and synchronizing files. Using file storage synchronization, mobile services, social media profiles, and remote management systems, you can easily share with IDrive.
In terms of security, IDRIVE utilizes 256-bit AES encryption. Its plans are suitable for both individuals and businesses.
IDrive Product Features
- A cloud-based service that is primarily focused on backup data.
- Provides only 5 GB of storage space.
- It is compatible with all devices.
- Windows, iOS, Mac, and Android are all supported.
- Plans range in size from 5 GB to 1.12TB.
Pros of IDrive
- For freelancers and small organizations, strongly recommended.
- If you accidentally delete a file, it can be retrieved within 30 days.
- The maximum file size is 2 GB.
- Provides continuous backup
Cons of IDrive
- The interface is very confusing.
- Difficult to use.
- Your system can slow down its software.
- Free Basic Plan with 5GB of Storage
- IDrive Business Plan with 250GB of storage space costs $149.25 per year.
- The price for a 500GB storage capacity is $299.25 for a two-year subscription.
- The price for a 1.25TB storage capacity is $749.25 for a two-year subscription.
Cloud storage’s importance is growing by increased cloud expansion and the latest cloud services developments. The increased growth and adoption of cloud computing by businesses and enterprises have increased cloud professionals’ demand. Additionally, those with cloud certifications have additional opportunities.
Storage, productivity, and data privacy – each of these factors is critical to the success of any business. Cloud computing benefits your business in these areas by providing secure, digital backup systems of sensitive information; alleviating local resources; and enhancing worker collaboration, among other benefits.
File sharing isn’t as difficult as it used to be, but you must still pay attention to your demands. This is our selection of the best cloud computing services for Australian businesses. Ensure that you select a plan that fits your evolving business needs.